There are dozens of topics and grammar points that can be studied using activities where students say or write things about pictures. Here are some slide shows and worksheets that I’ve used.
- Describe the Pictures: Animals. ODP & PDF. An exciting slide show of animals.
- Describe the Pictures: Mie. ODP & PDF. A slide show of Mie Prefecture in Japan.
- Describing Pictures 1. ODT & PDF. A worksheet.
- Describing Pictures 2. ODT & PDF. A worksheet.
- Describing Pictures 3. ODT & PDF. A worksheet.
- Describe the Food. ODP & PDF A slide show.
- Describe the House. ODP & PDF. A slide show.
These materials can be used in free speaking activities, preposition practice, practice for the patterns There is … and There are …, and various other situations.